[Virtualacorn-list] Unable to delete sub directories in HostFS mount

Nick Roberts tigger at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 13:41:48 BST 2015

In message <54e7b1464fbrian.jordan9 at btinternet.com>
       Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> In article <55B0DD58.6010604 at druck.org.uk>,
>    David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
> > It could be a number of things. One of the most common that I've
> > found  is that the directories are not actually empty, but contain
> > Windows  hidden files which can't be seen from HostFS, and are
> > still open.
>
> [Snip]
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but showing hidden files on the PC side
> reveals nothing.

It's worthwhile checking that nothing on the PC side is running that
had been accessing a file that had resided in the HostFS directory.

I've had third-party apps that didn't always tell Windows that any
locks that they had on files inside the directory were no longer
required, so Windows refuses to allow the directory to be deleted, even
if it's empty.

--
Nick Roberts           tigger @ orpheusinternet.co.uk

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.