[Virtualacorn-list] Mouse adjust problem with Mac OS

Tricia Garner tricia at orchid-squad.org.uk
Sun Jul 5 17:16:02 BST 2015

Just to complicate things I am left-handed, so on the the Mac side I have
the left button set as 'Secondary Button' and the right side is 'Primary
Button'. The Scroll Pea is set as 'Button 3' which used to cause it to act
as the Menu button on the VRPC side but now the Secondary Button opens the
Menu instead of being 'Adjust-click' and the Scroll Pea doesn't do anything
at all.

I really miss all the Adjust-click actions and have tried all sorts of
permutations to get it back but no luck so far. What puzzles me is that if
I set the Mouse section in VRPC's Preferences to Left: Select and Right:
Adjust, 'Select' selects blocks of text and can only be cancelled with the
Scroll Pea (it does have an action then!) but the cursor remains at the end
point of the selection. This is not very useful for editing.

In VRPC Mouse is set as Standard mouse in Configuration.

I haven't figured out whether this sea change is down to Yosemite or the
newer VRPC.

Tricia

"If it's beautifully arranged on the plate, you know someone's fingers have been all over it." -- Julia Child