[Virtualacorn-list] Prorities

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Tue Apr 14 15:25:27 BST 2015

In article <CADCE0DC9AC54DB49984CE12F1C2A128 at philipsdesktop>,
   T.O.M.S. <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:

> On Mon Apr 13 17:54:06 BST 2015, Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
> sayeth:

> I'm so sorry Chris, I gave you the wrong support article number. (More
> haste, less speed = stupid boy...)

> Try support article 104 on
> http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/articles/104/index.htm

That shows UIPriority as 1

> The blurb in article 104 seems to imply that both Processor and WinUI
> Priorities are Windows things. But as the same blurb also appears in
> the Mac article 104m, maybe it's common to both platforms - and/or
> maybe a VirtualRPC thing after all. I am not understanding.

Neither am I. You are not alone. Does UI mean the "screen" of the RISC OS
side & governs things like redraw speed, pointer activity etc.

> The alternative when searching is to go to the recently
> very-much-expanded Technical Support Assistant, accessed via the
> VirtualAcorn Support page on http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support.htm
> Then select Windows or Mac OS as appropriate. Scroll down to the much
> longer Support articles index and take your pick. In this particular
> example, it's the very first entry - "Description of the VirtualAcorn
> configuration files" - which funnily enough takes you to support
> article 104 (or 104m for Macs). HTH

Interestingly, that shows UIPriority as 3.
I think I'll leave mine well alone. Then again I might set it to 1 & see what
happens. Hey, ho.

Thanks for your help.

--
Chris