[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC-Adjust versus Windows 8

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 23:09:08 GMT 2014

lists <Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5452B24A.9050206 at druck.org.uk>,
>    David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:

> > Have you turned of UAC as per the instructions?

> I thought that issue had been fixed with the latest version and it was no
> longer neccessary. Installing itself somewhere other than in the "program"
> folder?

Yes, I was a little disappointed (though not entirely surprised) to discover
that was the solution.

I have to admit to still having (old) software of mine out there on a
client's[1] computers that falls foul of UAC on Windows 7 (and will on
Windows 8 if any users upgrade) - so I've simply moved it somewhere it'll
work on those machines they have running Windows 7.

I'll fix the old piece of sh^W^W^W^W high quality code properly if they pay
me - but while they keep expecting me to "fix it" for free (even though - so
far - every real problem has been their own doing: PEBKAC in spades) I'm not
going to put in any effort. :)

[1] There may be more than one piece of software at more than one [ex]client
- but since I only ever hear from this one about this piece of software, I'm
assuming others have outgrown anything I wrote for them.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk