[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC-Adjust versus Windows 8

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 22:54:45 GMT 2014

"David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> On 30/10/2014 19:37, Vince M Hudd wrote:

> > My copy of VirtualRiscPC-Adjust arrived today, and I have just had the
> > sheer joy of installing and unstalling it a few times in the hope that
> > the result would be that it would run on each subsequent attempt - but
> > to no avail.

> Have you turned of UAC as per the instructions?

The new version is supposed to play nicely without doing that - so the
instruction booklet doesn't suggest disabling it.

However, I hadn't read beyond the first two paragraphs headed "Completing
the installation" on page 5 - but I have now, and the *third* describes my
problem, and leads me to this:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/articles/142/index.htm

(The problem, it seems, is ntdll.dll)

I now have the Registration prompt, so I can now pop my details into the
registration form on the website and wait for Aaron to send me the unlock
code.

So although turning off UAC wasn't the answer - the last two words of your
reply did refer me to the right answer. Ta. :)

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk