[Virtualacorn-list] How do I get rid of it.

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 19:55:58 GMT 2014

Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> Evenin' all. On my VRPC-Adjust SA install, there presents on the icon bar
> an app called "MemNow" I don't want or need it as i have that facility in
> Organizer, but despite manually looking and using a FileFind app I can't
> find the location of this pestilential thing.

AAMOI, which app did you use? It only took me a couple of minutes to find it
without one.

It isn't listed in the apps started via Choices -> Boot -> Run, so I dropped
to the command line and typed show memnow* to see if there were any
variables set , and there are - most notably:

MemNow$Dir, which (here) is:

  HostFS::HardDisc4.$.!boot.Choices.Default.Boot.Tasks.!MemNow

So it's sitting in !Boot.Choices.Default.Boot.Tasks - just move it elsewhere
so RISC OS doesn't run it as part of the boot sequence.

Having said all of that:

> It's not in the list of *Syslog Boot Show. No reference to it in PreDesk
> or Tasks Not in Boot Configure Look at or Run, so where is it? D.

Tasks is exactly where it is here.

Perhaps do as I did above to locate it on your system.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk