[Virtualacorn-list] Fw: VRPC Suddenly Become Very Slow

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Tue Jul 22 20:05:47 BST 2014

In article <56A9D445851045DCBE2D4733F0511388 at philipsdesktop> T.O.M.S. wrote:
> Someone has just sent us the following which is well worth forwarding:
>
> [Quote]:
> > I noticed that the OP mentioned AVG. I wonder whether the
> > power cut changed AVG's setting, so it is doing a scan of
> > the SD card at startup. That would slow things down - a lot.
It's not an SD card anyway, but AVG is still set to not scan removable media.
The question is, though, does AVG see a USB HDD as removable media? 8)

> > The other thing nobody has mentioned is the VRPC priority
> > setting - has it become set to 0 maybe?
This one did occur to me & I did ask where I needed to look. ;) Is it the
VA.cfg file in the program root? Or do I have to dabble in Windows settings
somewhere. Current VA.cfg settings (extract) are:

[DirectDrawRenderer]
free_scale = 1
CanChangeMode = 1
Border = 0
TripleBuffer = 0
FrameSkip = 0
AutoWindowResize = 1
FullScreenStartup = 0
MaxRefresh = 75
MinRefresh = 58
Large16bitPalette = 1

[WinUI]
ProcessorPriority = 0
UIPriority = 3

I really don't remember what they were before, so I don't know if they've
changed.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Show me a sane man, and I'll cure him for you.