[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC Suddenly Become Very Slow

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Mon Jul 21 13:20:48 BST 2014

In article <mpro.n926640033lli01xk at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid> Jeremy
Nicoll - ml virtualacorn  wrote:
> Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> > On startup Mips is usually around 500, then it drops to 150-250 before
> > plumetting to 4! Fps usually hovers between 55-61 & Sys 22-25. VRPC
> > appears to only become sluggish when Fps falls drastically.
> What sort of monitor do you have?  Only if it's a CRT model do you need a
> high fps rate, to avoid flicker.  For a flat panel, tell Windows to use the
> lowest frame rate that the graphics card & monitor both support.
It's a 22" flatscreen.

> Also, remember that it's Windows that's actually driving the display; VRPC
> is just creating a screen picture & sending it to Windows.  VRPC does not
> need to be set up to do this at a high frame rate either.
I haven't changed any of these settings. Everything was working fine until
the power-cut. Is it possible the Windows screen settings have broken as a
result? Hadn't checked since the screen size appears to be exactly as I
expect.

Checking now shows: Windows is set to 1680 x 1050 (Recommended).

VRPC is set to 1440 x 900 (60Hz) not fullscreen but window is resized to fit
screen.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.