[Virtualacorn-list] New VRPC Installation Doesn't Start

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 15:42:12 BST 2014

In article <5424848a95j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>, John
McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I'll report back later with the
> results.

Well, here I am typing away on the new installation. The
longest part was dragging 10 GB of data over the network
(25 minutes). Give it another 10 minutes setting up the new
locations for my mounts and making other adjustments to the
configuration files and here I am.

It's as though nothing had changed. Except that on the old
machine it took 22 s to boot into RISC OS 6 whereas now it
is (as far as my fingers can respond quickly enough to the
stopwatch on my phone) 10.5 s. All i have to do now is set
up the mount for the optical drive.

Thanks again for all your advice,

John

--