[Virtualacorn-list] New VRPC Installation Doesn't Start

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 19:13:34 BST 2014

On 08/07/2014 17:46, T.O.M.S. wrote:

> On Tue Jul 8 15:48:32 BST 2014, John McCartney j.mccartney at
> blueyonder.co.uk  sayeth:
>
> (Various quotes coming up:)
>

>> I've just transferred VRPC from my old desktop to the one I've
>> just built.
>
>> On trying to start, a warning window appeared with
>> the following message:
>
>> "Acorn RiscPC Emulator with RISC OS Adjust has stopped
>> working"
>
>> Fault Module Name:    atapicd.dll
>

> And further to my previous post at 17:32, I see there's a Support
> article on just this very problem:
>
> http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/articles/143/index.htm
>
> HTH, Alex

Thanks for both your replies, Alex. I only looked at support for Windows
7 so I missed the help in the above link.

I have a pressing engagement in the next few minutes (a recording of the
highlights of today's stage of Le Tour de France). I'll give the editing
of the registry option a go. However, I'll run CCleaner before that so
that I can save a good version of the registry. I'd hate to screw that up.

Thanks again.

John
--
John McCartney