[Virtualacorn-list] New VRPC Installation Doesn't Start

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 15:48:32 BST 2014

I've just transferred VRPC from my old desktop to the one I've just
built. I've looked for help on the Virtual Acorn site but can't find
anything which matches the problem I'm experiencing.

Initially, I got the window asking for the unlock code which I've now
received and entered. On trying to start, a warning window appeared with
the following message:

"Acorn RiscPC Emulator with RISC OS Adjust has stopped working"

There were two options given - go on line for a solution or close the
program. Of course, neither achieved the resolution I sought.

There was more information, as follows:

   Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
   Application Name:	VirtualRPC-AdjustSA.exe
   Application Version:	1.6.0.0
   Application Timestamp:	45799d29
   Fault Module Name:	atapicd.dll
   Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
   Fault Module Timestamp:	3fba70a3
   Exception Code:	c0000005
   Exception Offset:	00001750
   OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
   Locale ID:	2057
   Additional Information 1:	5736
   Additional Information 2:	5736c7edb84d706328d8c7021d50f6c9
   Additional Information 3:	1012
   Additional Information 4:	101217c1bc1efc9d185a04b1a7d9fddd

I have installed the only update applicable (hostfsjan2009) and because
the program is installed in its own folder (VRPC) in the root of the C:
drive rather than in the Program folder, I have left the UAC setting at
its default even though I tried it with UAC turned off - not that it
made any difference. I've added VRPC to the list of programs allowed
through the firewall.

So, where do I go from here? I'm sure I can't be the first person to
experience this and it worked beautifully on the 64-bit Win 7 on the old
machine. :-(

John
--
John McCartney