[Virtualacorn-list] W7 gotchas?

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Mon Jan 13 19:11:35 GMT 2014

In article <53c97ffc22Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> lists  wrote:
> In article <53C97BC424%mik.towse at xemik.com>,
>    Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> > My Xerox is a networked printer, but I believe if you share any printer
> > connected to a PC, Windows will treat that printer as a networked one,
> > too.
> The Dell is on the network too. Ideally I would like to print directly to
> it from the Kinetic, over the network, using the PS drivers, possibly
> using the PS3 drivers from Martin W but that is a bit of a mystery to me
> as well.
It's a very long time since I printed from a native ROS m/c, so I can't
remember how to do that.

> Sorry this moving away from VA and perhaps ought to be taken up elsewhere.
>
> I actually do virtually no printing from VA but have set up and tested
> !Uniprint for printing.
You don't need to use Uniprint to print to a networked printer from VA.

> The one attempt using !Uniprint from the Kinetic failed and I have yet to
> find the time to pursue this issue.
I used to use Uniprint till I bought a networked printer, but it was slow
because it printed the image as a bitmap. Not sure if this has changed, since
I don't use it now. (Well, not for printing; it's essential for URL launching
& clip sharing.)

Maybe the easiest solution is to print to a file from the Kinetic & transfer
that to VRPC to print out.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

If life was a yo-yo, mankind would ties knots in the string.