[Virtualacorn-list] W7 gotchas?

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 14:38:25 GMT 2014

In article <52D39F78.9080902 at druck.org.uk>,
   David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> Most successful attacks come from the use of Windows applications, such
> as automatically downloaded malware from an infected website or by
> tricking the user to clicking on a link or an email attachment. Very few
> are attacks are purely against the OS from external code, so if you
> don't use any other Windows applications, infection from a memory stick
> is one of the few remaining vectors.

I find I can do a lot of stuff with !NetSurf these days, on this Kinetic,
but do use Firefox on the PC on a fairly regular basis, though I try to be
careful which sites I use.

The PC is also used for generating .pdf files from scans (Acrobat 6) and I
have Cooledit 2000 for "messing about" with audio. My camera software also
resides on it along with a copy of Irfanview but I don't think any of
these poses a risk

Email and news is always done via this RPC

--
Stuart Winsor