[Virtualacorn-list] W7 gotchas?

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 11 15:32:10 GMT 2014

In article
<cte9jis2b0ructql5uj0a7um.1389439762666 at email.android.com>,
   Chris at note2 <c.n.l.f at virgin.net> wrote:

> I'm faced with similar issue. But my XP is a PC laptop.
> It does stuff Iyonix and Armini can't and other stuff it
> does easier.

That's been the story of RISC OS for a long time now.

> And I'm writing this with android mobile.

Oh dear! That explains a lot. ;)

> In the early days we relied on the Beeb to do everything
> and for good reason but now there's so much redundant
> hardware around its possible to dedicate tasks to
> machines if one has a mind or the room

Is this what you meant by a dedicated device? I suppose my
Raspberry Pi with RISC OS could be classed as a dedicated
device.

> And I'm going to keep my XpPc until I can't find a use
> for it.

I upgraded to Win 7 last year without any problems.

> You use VA.  So you're already PC based. I can see that
> your perspective can be different. I have a copy of the
> first trenche of VA but never got around to installing it
> so I can't really empathise.

You should try it. It's an extremely capable program.

John

--
John McCartney
j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk