[Virtualacorn-list] W7 gotchas?

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Sat Jan 11 11:06:37 GMT 2014

In article <53c8462277Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> lists  wrote:
> With Mickysoft ending support for WXP, I have reluctantly ordered a copy
> of Windows 7 64bit Pro.
TBH I'd get Windows 8.1 . Once I'd pursuaded it to work they way I want to,
it surprising plesant to use. I had to buy a new PC when my XP powered MB
blew up. And there's no way I want to go back to XP now. (I never expected to
ever be saying that!)

> Are there any issues or points I need to be aware of or will VA just
> instal and work the way I have been used to.
The biggest gotcha that I have is file permissions. Many things that don't
seem to work are often because I simply copied my VRPC from the old HDD to
the new PC.

Before you do anything, you should take a look at the VRPC site to ensure you
follow their instructions on how to upgrade.

http://virtualacorn.co.uk/register/

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

High heels were invented by a woman who had been kissed on the forehead.
Christopher Morley