[Virtualacorn-list] !TempBin no longer works on 256MB RAM

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Sat Jan 11 09:10:14 GMT 2014

On 10 Jan 2014, Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn  wrote:
> Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

>>I reckon it might be something to do with either long filenames, or
>>many items in one directory.

It is indeed everything to do with too many items in one directory
Jeremy.

Temp-Bin is totally exonerated. Any directory containing over 256
files when the [Ram] model memory is set to 256MB will cause the filer
to crash, and thence require re-booting.

Watch this space for a fuller explanation of the /actual/ facts
regarding setting [Ram] in the model file.

--

Cheers
Roger