[Virtualacorn-list] RO 5.20 on VRPC

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Fri Jan 10 12:23:23 GMT 2014

On Fri Jan 10 11:49:50 GMT 2014 Roger Darlington rogerarm at
freeuk.com sayeth:

> I have now put the ARM7500 model [Ram]  back down to 172MB in one
> ram bank, because of the filer problems reported elsewhere when set
> to anything higher.

Also:

On Fri Jan 10 11:25:31 GMT 2014 Roger Darlington rogerarm at
freeuk.com sayeth (under "!TempBin no longer works on 256MB RAM"):

> Temp-bin does work perfectly OK on RO 5 on an Iyonix, and that,
> IIRC, has 500MB RAM).

Health Warning: Putting those two apparently contradictory quotes
together, and in the context of this lengthy thread about VirtualRPC
RAM banks, there still appears to be an unexplained anomaly.

I wonder whether the root cause is a specific clash between VirtualRPC
and (say) TempBin, or whether there may indeed
be something lurking on your VirtualRPC-AdjustSA installation
(specifically in the ARM 7500 Model), and which may cause you grief in
future.

May I suggest that (for test purposes), you email us a copy of your
current ARM7500 Model file, plus a copy of !TempBin, both in a zipped
folder please. Plus any other application[s] which are playing up.

We will attempt to get !TempBin to work on our machines, under
different RAM setting(s), display colour depths, core emulations, etc
etc and report back.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.