[Virtualacorn-list] !TempBin no longer works on 256MB RAM

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 10:42:27 GMT 2014

On 10/01/2014 10:03, Roger Darlington wrote:
> TempBin is an icon on one icon bar containing junked items. If I click
> on that icon, to look-see what is in it, it gives an error message
> 'Internal error, abort on data transfer. As I say, it works properly
> with only 172MB RAM configured.

Does it have a dynamic area when it is working? If so it may be claiming
a maximum size area, and if you also have other applications doing the
same, there may not be enough address space to accommodate it.

The solution would be to limit the maximum size of DA's to 128MB (if
using RISC OS 5) and modify TempBin not to claim a maximum size DA.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck at druck.org.uk