[Virtualacorn-list] RO 5.20 on VRPC

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Thu Jan 9 12:21:55 GMT 2014

On 9 Jan 2014, T.O.M.S. wrote:

> On Thu Jan 9 08:26:47 GMT 2014 Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
> sayeth:

>> ATM I have:

>> [Ram]
>> base=0x10000000
>> size=128Mb

>> [Ram]
>> base=0x18000000
>> size=48Mb

[snip]

> However, if you are indeed running VirtualRPC-SE or -SA, we found many
> years ago that, if you set the first RAM bank to 265MB, and the second
> RAM bank to ZERO MB, then RISC OS will normally run at the full 256MB
> RAM. In other words:

> [Ram]
> base=0x10000000
> sze=256Mb

>  [Ram]
> base=0x18000000
> size=0Mb

I have VA-RPC-SA Adjust and running on ARM7500

I have now configured it that way and am now rolling in an extra 80MB,
which is now sufficient for Netsurf not to use up all its (the) memory
and crash even after looking at dozens of my flower pages on my
wildflowerfinder website.

I can even run the Info_Asteraceae.htm page too, to check that
everything is as it should be (it wasn't quite - for the last year I
was adding to it 'blind').

Many thanks Jim and Aaron. The shortage of memory is for the moment
averted. But - work expands to fill the space available...

--

Cheers
Roger