[Virtualacorn-list] A little problem

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Tue Jan 7 18:12:46 GMT 2014

Tue Jan 7 15:08:19 GMT 2014 Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com sayeth:

> There is a gotcha though that you need to be wary of. Modern
> systems will probably have a Sata DVD installed & may don't
> support ATAPI. So if your original version of VRPC supports
> ATAPI & has atapicd.dll in the plugin folder, VRPC will not run
> on the new system.

That's true but, just to clarify, the atapi.dll plug-in will (I think)
have been installed during the *original* VirtualRPC installation,
i.e.. from the master disc.

So if you do have a SATA DVD drive on a new system, I think you have
to manually move or remove the atapi.dll plug-in, regardless of
whether you're copying across a fully pre-configured version of
VirtualRPC, or installing a default copy.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.