[Virtualacorn-list] 32GB USB stick - VA_RPC_SA cannot see it

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Tue Jan 7 11:44:52 GMT 2014

On 7 Jan 2014, Alan Adams  wrote:
> In message <bafaf0c553.rogerarm at rogerarm.freeuk.com>
>           Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> <snip>

>> [I erroneously tried allocating drive O to the USB stick, but then,
>> each and every USB stick I ever stick in would then need individually
>> allocating to that letter, so rather than do that, the USB stick can
>> grab the next available drive letter (N) --- leaving the 16TB RAID to
>> always take drive O if ever its switched on. (This also necessitated
>> swapping the drive numbers O/N around in the Models file on Windows -
>> just so anyone following behind me needs reminding)

> There's is one gotcha to beware of - if you have any drive letters for
> network drives. The system will look for free drive letters up to the
> first network letter.

> so if, for example you had d: mapped to \\server\backup, then no free
> drive letter would be found. If it was mapped as h: \\server\backup,
> then d,e,f and g would be available but nothing higher.

Oh, I haven't yet got a network drive.

But with all 8 drives defined on VARPC models, I have no more
available drives to allocate to VARPC. 8 seems to be the maximum VARPC
will see (at least here using the ARM 7500 mode).

Is 8 the maximum? The instructions for VAPRC say it is 16?
Puzzled??

--

Cheers
Roger