[Virtualacorn-list] Virtualacorn-list Digest, Vol 64, Issue 2

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 13:34:22 GMT 2014

David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:

> In a default installation, the actual file, extensions.txt, should be in
> :-

> C:\Program Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\Plugins\HostFS2

The new installer doesn't put it in Program Files, so if it's a newer
version, it'll be in:

C:\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\Plugins\HostFS2

And, AAMOI, I've just checked mine out of curiosity - new version, clean
install (*not* an upgrade) - and the HostFS extension list/file is blank
other than the comments at the top of the file (so it's not as though the
file is somehow missing - it's there, just not populated).

And, consequently, a quick test shows that, as you'd expect, the translation
mechanism between RISC OS filetypes and Windows extensions isn't working.
Not something I'd yet spotted simply because I haven't yet got around to
actually putting anything from RISC OS on this machine.

The fix is simple enough (for me, anyway - dunno about the OP), but a more
interesting question is why it's unpopulated to start with.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk