[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

Brian Carroll brian at carrolls.me.uk
Wed Apr 2 20:24:29 BST 2014

In article <E92C51C45CB0494C8000B193F20AF926 at philipsdesktop>,
   T.O.M.S. <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:

> On Wed Apr 2 16:35:48 BST 2014, T.O.M.S. admin at
> toms12.plus.com sayeth:

[...]

> I've upgraded one of our machines to AVG free 2014 and will
> report back on that.

What exactly is wrong with the operation of AVG Free Edition
2014?  It seems to work OK here on WindowsXP and most days finds
something from which to 'protect' me.  BTW, this latter activity
and also pop-ups in Firefox, seem to have increased markedly
since about February.

Brian.