[Virtualacorn-list] Moving VA

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Tue Apr 22 19:19:58 BST 2014

In article <4c3d71fc53.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk> Peter Young  wrote:
[snip]
> I've started by copying the whole of the HardDisc4 f-older to a place
> outside Program Files. What I think I need to do is to go to Tools >
> Options on the top bar of the RISC OS window, and add a mount pointing
> to my new HardDisc4 location, and to set Bootable: Yes, No Types: No
> and Show DOS extensions: Yes.
[snip]
You might consider putting the VRPC HardDisk(s) on a USB HDD. Mine have
always lived on small external USB drive. It's usually plugged in to my main
desktop, but gets plugged in to my netbook when I go on holiday.

This was also handy when my old desktop gave up. I simply installed VRPC on
my new m/c, plugged in the USB drive & obtained a new code from Aaron.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

May your every desire be immediately fulfilled. Old Persian curse