[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Tue Apr 22 13:16:57 BST 2014

On Tue Apr 22 13:04:24 BST 2014, lists Stuartlists at
orpheusinternet.co.uk  sayeth:

> This thread has been full of discussion about Anti-virus but
> what about firewalls?

Aha, good prompt Stuart, thank you.

The firewall built into Windows XP still seem to be working OK on our
machines and (AFAICT) there haven't been any dire warnings on the more
reliable forums. Is anyone still using MS Security Essesntials and, if
so, does it appear to be working?

However, I think the problem with the Windows built-in firewall is
that it protects against incoming threats only. Is that right?

Frankly we're very hazy on this topic so any advice would be welcome.
TIA.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.

-----