[Virtualacorn-list] FTPc query

Martin styleguide at avisoft.f9.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 11:54:12 BST 2014

On 12 Apr at 11:15 in article <53f724bcd7mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk>,
   <mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk> wrote:

> Since transferring VARPC (I have -Adjust) onto my new Win7 64bit PC, I
> have been unable to get FTPc working properly. Using the same UserMenu
> as that which ran normally on the laptop I previously used, the various
> links now open in what seems to be a normal way: a blank box opens,
> going through the stages:

> Resolving host name: xxxxxxxx.co.uk
> Connecting
> Connection established
>    220-
>    220 Ipage FTP Server ready
> USER xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    331 Password required for xxxxxxxxxxxx
> PASS
>    230 User xxxxxxxxxx logged in
> PWD
>    257 "/" is the current directory
> PORT 192,168,1,3,192,224
>    200 PORT command successful
> LIST
>    425 Unable to build data connection: Connection refused
> PWD
>    257 "/" is the current directory

> The boxes at the base of the window remain saying " Busy" & "LIST" for a
> while then, after a pause switch to showing a back arrow ..  in the box,
> with "Ready" and "Files: 0 (0 bytes total)" at the base.
> Clicking on the back arrow goes through the same sequence.

> Attempts with different sites produce e.g.
> 425 Unable to build data connection: Connection timed out
> PWD

> There are definitely files there, but they cannot be accessed through
> FTPc

> Anyone out there able to help, please? I find site loading so much
> easier than via Windows!

I use Win5 Pro 64bit +FTPc on VRPCSE with no problems.

Have you tried using passive mode? That can work when it will not without.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader