[Virtualacorn-list] FTPc query

mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 11:17:35 BST 2014

Since transferring VARPC (I have -Adjust) onto my new Win7 64bit PC, I have
been unable to get FTPc working properly.
Using the same UserMenu as that which ran normally on the laptop I
previously used, the various links now open in what seems to be a normal
way: a blank box opens, going through the stages:

Resolving host name: xxxxxxxx.co.uk
Connecting
Connection established
   220-
   220 Ipage FTP Server ready
USER xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   331 Password required for xxxxxxxxxxxx
PASS
   230 User xxxxxxxxxx logged in
PWD
   257 "/" is the current directory
PORT 192,168,1,3,192,224
   200 PORT command successful
LIST
   425 Unable to build data connection: Connection refused
PWD
   257 "/" is the current directory

The boxes at the base of the window remain saying " Busy" & "LIST" for a
while then, after a pause switch to showing a back arrow ..  in the box,
with "Ready" and "Files: 0 (0 bytes total)" at the base.
Clicking on the back arrow goes through the same sequence.

Attempts with different sites produce e.g.
425 Unable to build data connection: Connection timed out
PWD

There are definitely files there, but they cannot be accessed through FTPc

Anyone out there able to help, please? I find site loading so much easier
than via Windows!

John

--
    ____