[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Sat Apr 5 19:44:12 BST 2014

In article <53f3b26caddave at triffid.co.uk> Dave Symes  wrote:
> In article <53F3A13F67%mik.towse at xemik.com>,
>    Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> [Snippy]
> > Micro$oft, apparently, have stopped vendors selling W7, I had to get a W8
> > desktop.
>
> Ooer! Dunno where you got that from.
Perhaps just big retailers or I was being lied to? But either way, after
using W7 & W8, I much prefer W8 anyway.

My point, though, is folk shouldn't be scared of W8 & avoid it unnecessarily.
The death of XP might just be the push they need to give it a try. It really
isn't the horror show that many people would have us believe.

And more importantly, VRPC still works in it. :D

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.