[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Sat Apr 5 15:32:45 BST 2014

In article <40ec7df353.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk> Peter Young  wrote:
> Yes, please and I'd be grateful for that link. It looks as if I won't
> have to downgrade to Windows * just yet!
Have you tried W8? I listened to all the negativity about W8 & decided to
avoid it, but my main PC PSU blew up, taking out the motherboard. Since
Micro$oft, apparently, have stopped vendors selling W7, I had to get a W8
desktop.

To my surprise I really like W8. My son has W7, but I much prefer W8. To be
honest, aside from prettier graphics, you'd be hard pressed to tell you're
not using an XP computer.

The hype about the Start screen is nonsense, too. It's actually very useful.
I pin all my most used stuff on there & one click takes me from the Desktop
to the list so I can just click on the icon. Much easier than trawling the
Start menu.

VRPC works perfectly on W8, if you follow the instruction on the website. I'm
very pleased I was 'forced' to upgrade. I still have a couple of XP computers
running, but I'd really miss many of the W8 featrues now, if I had to go back
to XP only.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary form.