[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Tue Apr 1 13:52:50 BST 2014

In article <mpro.n3cn3s000jgzx00kg at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk>
wrote:
> "T.O.M.S." <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:

> > For those of you using Microsoft's Security Essentials (MSE)...

> Leaving aside the fact that MS themselves rate this product poorly, and
> it usually comes last in any other organisation's review of any a/v
> product's capabilities... there are still many other a/v products which
> are expected to continue to work for some years.

> See the table at the bottom of this webpage:

> http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/artikel/the-end-is-nigh-for-windows-xp-these-anti-virus-software-products-will-continue-to-protect-xp-after/

Thanks for that. I had no idea there were so many AV programs avaialable.

The question is which one to use. I was using AVG but dropped it.

I just tried T.O.M.S link

http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus_32/12831

but I got "File not found" when trying to download but I was trying from
my RPC here using NetSurf so maybe I will have to try from the PC

--
Stuart Winsor