[Virtualacorn-list] A little problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Sep 29 22:05:34 BST 2013

In article <36141AF740534903A5A3919296D5B2EB at philipsdesktop>,
   T.O.M.S. <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:

> Running out of ideas, but...

> > I moved the whole VRPC dir to another place and installed a new
> > copy from the CD in to C:\xxx\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA.

> How old master CD? (Nudge: did you install any necessary upgrades -
> http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/dloadpage/varpcadjsa.htm  ?)

> Fingers and legs crossed...

> Alex

I have three legit copies of VRPC... and this one is the newer of the set
but I really can't remember when I purchased it.

The basic new install should have at the least run, but nothing happened.

This is/was no different to the transferred version that does have all the
updates installed. nothing happened.

I've just checked the update list (Above URL) against the disk serial
number and there's only one update required. "HostFS update Jan 2009"

I'll download it and do the update.

<Pause>...
<I return>...

Unfortunately, still nothing happening, except as I wrote earlier in the
evening:

"If I have the Windows Task Manager up with "Processes" on display, when I
double click the VRPC.exe the VRPC entry appears in the Processes display
for about 5 seconds then vanishes".

Thanks again for the thoughts.

Fay is not a happy missis at the moment without access to her RO stuff...
Being a mostly Acorn/RO user and has been for many years (31).

Dave

--

Dave Triffid