[Virtualacorn-list] A little problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Sep 29 20:23:14 BST 2013

In article <14FD9DE463C4424DA77B3C64B49F5123 at philipsdesktop>,
   T.O.M.S. <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:

> On Sun Sep 29 07:21:09 BST 2013 Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
> sayeth:

> > Entered the unlock code and it progresses through the "Agree
> > to the Virtual Acorn License terms" then as far as the
> > "Select model screen" after selection, no matter what,
> > it will not run.

> Just to try pinning it down, did you try the other 2 ARM core
> selections? Same symptoms?

Thanks for the suggestions Alex, appreciated.

Yes indeedy, I've tried all three.

> I have a very vague recollection of a late-colleague Doug
> Stephenson having this problem many years ago, so in those days it
> would be Windows XP and VirtualRPC-SE, but the mechanics could be
> similar. IIRC it was a Windows Firewall/Exceptions setting. So
> suggest:

> - Select Start -- Control Panel (or the equivalent thereof).

> - Double-click on 'Security Centre' and select 'Manage security
> settings for: Windows Firewall'.

> - Click on the 'Exceptions' tab.

> - Ensure the box against 'Acorn RiscPC Emulator with RISC OS Adjust'
> is ticked and click on OK.

Thanks for that prompt, but been there and done that and the VRPC entry is
ticked to be allowed.

Additionally the Windows firewall is set to inform if it blocks an app.

> (As you've tried multiple installations, there may be multiple lines
> as above. Make sure all the boxes are ticked.)

Just a single line as there's now only one install.

> Fingers crossed, try to start up VirtualRPC. Any joy?

Well obviously still not working... ;-)

> Alex Hamilton
> pp T.O.M.S.

But thanks for the thoughts.