[Virtualacorn-list] VA and ROOL 5.nn

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Fri Sep 13 14:51:23 BST 2013

In article <mpro.mt2f6700578iq02bw at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid> Jeremy
Nicoll - ml virtualacorn  wrote:
[snip]
> I'm fairly sure I remember using VRPC on a laptop, sometimes with Wifi and
> sometimes a wired connection.
That's possible provided you get a licence tied to the wired connection. When
I bought a laptop from R-Comp they'd setup VRPC for me. However, in normal
use the laptop was wired, so I turned off wifi & VRPC failed to start.

I asked for a new licence to get VRPC working, but was initially told to
leave the wifi on: "Why turn it off?" I insisted I didn't want to leave it on
& was duly issued with a new licence.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists.