[Virtualacorn-list] VA and ROOL 5.nn

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Fri Sep 13 14:08:31 BST 2013

"David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:

>VRPC can be broken by any changes to networking which alters the
>enumeration order, such as adding a network card or turning on bluetooth.

Doesn't that mean that you can work around this by, say, getting a VRPC
licence that matches something very unlikely to change - eg Bluetooth -
turning that on just before starting VRPC then turning it off again once the
emulated machine has got going?  Presumably VRPC doesn't keep checking that
the network connection that's being used matches the authentication one?

I'm fairly sure I remember using VRPC on a laptop, sometimes with Wifi and
sometimes a wired connection.