[Virtualacorn-list] VA and ROOL 5.nn

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 10:37:22 BST 2013

In message <538a160529dave at triffid.co.uk>
  Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> And FWIW. Attempting to run VRPC and RPCEmu on the same PC causes Network
> chaos.
> Or to put it another way if you have a networking enabled RPCEmu on a PC,
> then the VRPC install will not work at all. (It won't even run).

> (No need to write me with the explanation, I know all about it thanks)

I know a bit about it as well now! I attempted to get RPCemu
networking on Windows 7, it did not work, I could not ping the gateway
from RISC OS. This was something of a disappoint but rather worse was
that, as said above, VRPC also stopped working, it would have needed
re-authenticating at least. At this point I did the only decent thing
and gave up.

On the Mac RPCemu and VRPC, both with networking working, can
co-exist. RPCemu is somewhat fragile both generally and networking
however.

Oh well, it was worth a try.
--
David Pitt