[Virtualacorn-list] Screen resolution - MDF needed

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Mon Mar 11 18:04:04 GMT 2013

At 15:29 on 11 Mar 2013, Bruce Goatly bruce at goatly.co.uk sayeth:

> I've just had to buy a new Mac with a higher resolution
> (2560 x 1440) than the old one, and I can't find a definition
> for this resolution. Can anyone here provide one, please?

Trial and error.I've just tweaked the one(s) for 2560 x 1600 on the
Forum at
http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=504&hilit=mdf
simply changing the numbers from 1600 to 1440 - and that seems to work
fine and stable on a 1920 x 1200 monitor. So I suggest you try this
(At Your Own Risk...)

# For display in the Windows desktop
# 2560 x 1600 (51hz)
startmode
mode_name:2560x1600 FullDTP
x_res:2560
y_res:1470
pixel_rate:197000
h_timings:10,10,16,2560,0,0
v_timings:10,0,0,1470,0,0
sync_pol:0
endmode

Note that this needs 14400K of screen memory in 16M colours, so you'll
need to use the ARM7500 core emulation. Otherwise the colour depth
will drop to 32K with ARM610 or StrongARM.

HTH. (Please could you report how it works out, TIA).

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.