[Virtualacorn-list] VA & mimemap

Nick Roberts tigger at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 21:25:51 GMT 2013

In message <530addec76cvjazz at waitrose.com>
       Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:

> In article <4426e40953.tigger at bc63.orpheusinternet.co.uk>,
>    Nick Roberts <tigger at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In message <53097cc753cvjazz at waitrose.com>
> >        Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:

> > The easiest way to find the correct place to put the MimeMap file
> > is to use MENU on the task manager, go to "New Task", and enter
>
> > filer_opendir Inet:files
>
> > The filer window that opens is the correct place for the MimeMap
> > file.
>
> > NB After putting your new MimeMap file in place, you need to
> > execute a "ReadMimeMap" at a command prompt, as otherwise it will
> > have no effect until you reboot.
>
> Thanks, Nick. That worked although I have no idea where it went in
> the structure of things as you seemingly cant do an "open parent"
> operation from NewTask. I shall try searching my !Boot for Inet &/or
> related strings to see if I can pinpoint the location.

You can find out where the file is stored by doing

show Inet$Path

in a command window.

In a standard system, that normally maps to !Boot.Resources.!Internet.
The MimeMap file goes in the "files" directory inside that.

--
Nick Roberts           tigger @ orpheusinternet.co.uk

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.