[Virtualacorn-list] VA & mimemap

Brian Carroll brian at carrolls.me.uk
Tue Jan 8 15:33:57 GMT 2013

In article <530a6ee9fcdave at triffid.co.uk>, Dave Symes
<dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4426e40953.tigger at bc63.orpheusinternet.co.uk>,
>    Nick Roberts <tigger at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:

> [Snippy]

> > The easiest way to find the correct place to put the MimeMap
> > file is to use MENU on the task manager, go to "New Task",
> > and enter

> > filer_opendir Inet:files

> > The filer window that opens is the correct place for the
> > MimeMap file.

> > NB After putting your new MimeMap file in place, you need to
> > execute a "ReadMimeMap" at a command prompt, as otherwise it
> > will have no effect until you reboot.

> Interestingly Nick that doesn't work on RO Select versions I
> have a vague recollection that for the Select versions it is:

>       Show Inet$mimemappings

> Which returns in my case with RO 6.20

>      "ADFS::HD4.$.!BOOT.Choices.Default.Internet.Files.MimeMap"

Yes, exactly the same here on RISC OS 4.39. I find my current
Mimemap file is dated 2011 and differs from the one at
http://www.timil.com/riscos/mimemap which I have now downloaded
and installed.

The header says it is for RISC OS 5.19 (which should be
appropriate for my RPi) ; is there any reason not to use it also
with RISC OS 4.39[1] as well?

Brian.

[1] The location given by Dave's incantation is different of
course, so the textual header needs an amendment.