[Virtualacorn-list] VA Clock problem

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sat Jan 5 02:41:36 GMT 2013

Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:

>In article <9ca2d00853.druck at druck.freeuk.net>,
>   David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 4 Jan 2013 Alan Adams <alan at adamshome.org.uk> wrote:
>> >  Since RISC OS doesn't seem to have a way to set timezone (at
>> > least using Alarm *),
>
>> ==> Help on keyword TimeZone
>> *Configure TimeZone sets the time zone as an offset from UTC
>> Syntax: *Configure TimeZone [+/-]<Hours>[:<Minutes>]
>
> Ooh. Ta. Yep, found that. However, I'm not adept at using command line
> stuff so I'm not sure about the brackets. Are they all necessary? I don't
> have my RicOS user guide here to check the syntax.

You don't type the square brackets; they show optional parts of the command.
   So you can omit the leading plus or minus, and/or the colon and minutes
part.

You also don't type the angle-brackets, which are shown to enclose named (as
meaningul hints) / values.  That is, "<Hours>" represents an integer which
will be a number of hours, "<Minutes>" represents an integer which is a
number of minutes.

The command is probably going to look like

     *Configure TimeZone -3

or

     *Configure TimeZone 7          or        *Configure TimeZone +7

or

     *Configure TimeZone -3:45      or        *Configure TimeZone +7:30

or whatever is appropriate.  I'd suggest some cautious experimentation.