[Virtualacorn-list] VA & mimemap

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 5 11:59:33 GMT 2013

In article <53094e97accvjazz at waitrose.com>, Chris Newman
<cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:
> Hi again folks,

> Being away from home has forced me to look more closely
> at my VA setup & get things up to date.

> I used to use Adam at Snowtone's Mimeman programme to
> keep my mimemap up to date but he's left that project in
> obeyance so I've downloaded the latest MimeMap from Tim
> Hill

> www.timil.com/riscos/mimemap

> However, I'm not sure where it should live in my Virtual
> Acorn SA 4.02  on Windows XP laptop.

> On my RiscPC running Adjust 4.39 I used to get to it
> through  Boot Configuration Networking but VA doesn't
> work like that so presumably I need to manually put it
> somewhere in !Boot.

Hi Chris

I have a VA installation and in RISC OS 6.2 (as opposed to
4.02 which you are using) there is a MimeMap in the Network
configuration. It lives at:

HardDisc4.$.!boot.Choices.Default.Internet.Files.MimeMap

I would think that's where it lives in your set up (but I'm
willing to be proved wrong).

John

--
John McCartney