[Virtualacorn-list] VA on Windows 8 - CAUTION

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 23 13:58:45 GMT 2012

I have updated my desktop machine to run Windows 8 and have uncovered
a couple of issues with running VA on it.

First, despite setting UAC to "Never notify" VA will not overwrite
files; the immediate problems are that !Organizer backup doesn't work
and that Messenger is unable to identify what news messages to load
from. The other issue is with UniPrint; although I managed to persuade
Windows Uniserver to run (a Windows firewall problem), the VA side
refuses to talk to it.

I'll keep digging and advise of any progress I make, meanwhile bear
this in mind if you are planning a Windows upgrade.

Best wishes
--

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 8