[Virtualacorn-list] I now have no idea Why!?

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 16:12:52 GMT 2012

I have a VirtualRPC-AdjustSA running RO 6.20 on a Win 7 Pro 64bit machine,
it's a backup of this SARPC I use for business and pleasure.

*UAC is totally OFF.**

Ran it this morning okay and did my usual backup routine (Nothing in !Boot
is touched)  just my business stuff and Pluto files.

Closed it down in the legit manner, and later, after some lunch came back
to re-run it... Nothing.

Double clicking the shortcut, or even the .exe file itself would not run
VRPC.
The pointer hourglass flashes a couple of times after a double click but
VRPC doesn't run.

I've tried the following:
Opening it from the context menu "Open" nothing.

The machine has been re-booted many times during the attempts.

I've checked both the .cfg files and all is as it should be.

I've moved the install to another place temporarily.

Returned a recent backup of it to the machine, but that would not run
either.

Done a new install of VRPC from the CD and that will not run either.

So now back with my original version that worked this morning, but now
fails for the moment... See later.

>From the Win Event Viewer:
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error