[Virtualacorn-list] Pah Hurumph!

Brian briduffell at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 00:01:37 GMT 2012

Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> Take no notice, I'm just having a Vent.
>
> As we all know VRPC is tied to the effing network card of a PC and mine
> has just died.

The network card or the PC?

> So now, I've not only the stuff of getting the PC business sorted, but the
> damn rigmarole of getting VRPC going again with a different network card.

I have my MOBO network card disabled. There were no linux drivers for tit
when I built this machine. If I enable it VRPC fails.

However -- This PC is near end of life (I may rebuild it with windows 7 and
more RAM) but I'm hoping by transferring the network card to my /spare/
machine I can avoid having to bother Aaron for a new code and again when I
transfer back.

> Yes I know, when it's all sorted, just phone Aaron for a new code, but
> I've enough on my plate ATM without all this additional aggravation.

I'm hoping there are contingency plans for if Virtual Acorn goes the same
way as RISCOS Ltd. Does it still exist? I've recently bought RISC OS 6.20
apparently from Uniqueway.

--
Brian Duffell  Yarm    North East England