[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC on a USB drive

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 14:11:58 BST 2011

In a message dated 06/09/2011 13:48:17 GMT  Daylight Time,
toms at ndirect.co.uk writes:
>> However, it may use the  original copy of the hard drive, if an
>> absolute
>> path is  in the config file. This may(will in my case) need tweeking
>> if the  copy is to be totally benign.

>Yes indeed, and Mike Nicholl discussed  the gotcha in the T.O.M.S. post
>on 27 Aug. If you don't change the  HardDisc4 pathname, it *will* still
>point to hard disc drive C: in the  host computer.

Not by default. When a VirtualRPC has been installed  the pathname
to the main HardDisc4 will be local, relative to the location of  the
main executable.

A default model file will have a line such  as:

mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

So if the  VirtualRPC is copiedto another medium the HardDisc4 folder
on the *copy*  will be used. The same is true of the ADFS
harddisc image.

Aaron  (VirtualAcorn)