[Virtualacorn-list] Failure of ShareFS with a Mac OS Lion host

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Thu Nov 17 23:15:45 GMT 2011

A little while ago I upgraded my Mac to Lion, Mac OS 10.7.
Unfortunately I could not get ShareFS to work after this, that is not
with my Iyonix on the same local network.  Nor could I get FTPc to work
any more.

Then I read in the MacWorld magazine that there was a nifty utility
released called LionTweaks, which set a few OS variables not covered by
the normal configuration tools.  I was suprised to find one of the
tweaks was "Enable the hidden FTP-server", so promptly did that and the
FTP connection was immediately restored.  LionTweaks can be found at
http://ifredrik.com/applications

But I still can't get ShareFS to work; I trigger it with an Obey file
containing: Share HostFS::HardDisc4 On_MacPro
Any views on this, anyone?

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim at powys.org
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/