[Virtualacorn-list] Mimemap corrupted?

T.O.M.S. toms at ndirect.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 19:13:59 GMT 2011

On 14 Mar, Alan Marshall alan at thelaith.com said:

> When I view files via DrivePop most type, i.e. CSV, PDF and
> JPG, show the correct RISC OS icons but Word files show as
> text.

For some reason, this topic seems to have been the flavour of the last
couple of days (see c.s.a.apps)

Can I suggest the first thing to check is whether or not the extension
is correctly shown in the VirtualRPC extensions file.

To do that, put VirtualRPC into a window, then click in turn on Tools,
Options and the Hostfs extensions tab.

In the listing, there should be a line-item saying ae6 in the Type
column and doc in the Extensions column.

If it's AWOL, add it to the list, restart VirtualRPC and hopefully
things will come good.

AFAICT, your 1st mimemap seems to be OK as it includes:

application/msword  MSWord  ae6 .doc        "W8BN    " "W7BNMSWD"
"W6BNMSWD" "WDBNMSWD" "WDBNWORD"

the 2nd one also seems to be  OK, including the line:

application/msword MSWord  ae6 .doc

Fingers crossed, HTH

Mike Nicholl
pp T.O.M.S.

--
Training, Operations & Management Services