[Virtualacorn-list] Lion on Macs?

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Sat Jul 23 00:20:00 BST 2011

On 22 Jul at 15:17, John McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <mpro.lopdhp00034am0062.tim at powys.org>, Tim Powys-Lybbe
> <tim at powys.org> wrote:
>
> > An acquaintance said he downloaded Lion (OS 10.7 I reckon) the night
> > before last, onto his Mac portable - he even showed me the result,
> > very smart at a brief glimpse.
>
> > I suspect I should defer doing the same until I hear that VRPC runs
> > happily on Lion on a Mac.
>
> > Has anyone dared to try Lion yet?
>
> I don't have any kind of Apple kit but I've been following the reports
> on The Register. Here are a couple of them:
>
> http://www.reghardware.com/2011/07/22/review_apple_mac_os_x_lion/
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/21/adobe_lion_incompatibilities/
>
> There's been much the same on The Inquirer:
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/
>
> and on Thinq:
>
> http://www.thinq.co.uk/
>
> I don't know how relevant to you this stuff is but the first link
> might be useful in terms of installation and (if you're unlucky)
> re-installation.

Thanks, there's no show-stoppers for me on any of those sites.  The real
issue was whether VRPC runs OK and the verdict so far is that it runs as
well as it does on Snow Leopard.

Reunion on the Mac is OK, my second priority, but MessengerPro on the
Mac is showing some nasties on the configuration panels, though normal
mail and news seem OK; we've already had one update from Mark Sawle,
sterling support.

I'll give it perhaps 48 hours and then try Lion on one machine only.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim at powys.org
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/