[Virtualacorn-list] Media player freezes when VA is active

T.O.M.S. toms at ndirect.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 13:05:42 GMT 2011

Hello all

On 27 Jan @ 22:28:38 Alan Adams alan at adamshome.org.uk  said

> I'm using Windows Media Player 11 on XP SP3 to play an audio CD.
> Then I start VA.
> When I do things in VA (yes I know it's vague, I just haven't pinned
> down what is critical) Media Player stops playing.

A couple of ideas:

-  Try first starting up VirtualRPC, then loading Windows Media Player
11 afterwards to play an audio CD. Any difference?

-  If that still gives the same problems, start up VirtualRPC, then
disable the audio via Tools-Options-Audio, untick the Enabled box and
click on Apply & OK. Then close down & restart VirtualRPC. Then try to
use Windows Media Player. Any better?

On the other 'not quite right' problems, what version of VirtualRPC
are you using? What is the make/model of the CD player? Have you
specifically rolled back and then re-installed the latest drivers for
the CD player?

Can you give an idea how old the machine is and, in very general
terms, do you load it up with lots of Windows application software, or
use it more as a platform on which to run RISC OS?

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.

--
Training, Operations & Management Services

5 Halifax Close
Pocklington
York
YO42 2XF