[Virtualacorn-list] HostFS and .doc .docx .xls and .xlsx

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 16:40:26 GMT 2011

On 20 Jan 2011  "T.O.M.S." <toms at ndirect.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> For MS Word files (.doc), AFAICT there's no RISC OS extension so Word
> files will probably arrive in RISC OS as a text file, named
> <filename>/doc.

Well, Word files on this Iyo have the filetype MSWord (ae6), and show
up with their own icon, as EasiWriter is "seen" at start-up.

> However, Easi/TechWriter should then be able to import them directly.

The one .docx file that I've received certainly loaded into
EasiWriter.

With best wishes,

Peter.
--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.
        /  \__/ \_/ | \| \__/   \______________ pnyoung at ormail.co.uk