[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC on a USB drive

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 11:36:04 BST 2011

In article <441E2CFBB84D4CDC8F3EEB1AB6DFDE88 at philipsdesktop>,
   T.O.M.S. <toms at ndirect.co.uk> wrote:
[Snippy]
> Health warning... Note that, if the USB drive letter changes (see
> explanation above), the *shortcut* will be pointing to the 'wrong'
> drive letter, so it won't work. However, the VirtualRPC.exe file icon
> in the VirtualRPC.xxx folder will still work.

A very worthwhile warning, but those of us using Win computers for many
years start at the other end of the alphabet and explicitely name USB
drives, I have X,Z,T,S etc, "N" is for the NAS main drive and "V" is for
the VRPC Sandisk Memory stick, and so on.
Obviously don't bother with general purpose USB sticks.

This leaves the OS to do what it will with things at the other end of the
alphabet.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid